Welcome to Kingfisher Cottage
Situated less than 2 hour's drive from Cape Town, in the heart of one of the largest wine producing areas in South Africa and nestled on the banks of the magnificent Breede(wide) river, is Kingfisher Cottage.
Moor your kayak at your own private jetty, after a long relaxing day of swimming in the river, fishing and birdwatching. Then, languish on your patio with a bottle of local Estate wine as the sun sets over the river. Curl up with your own partner in the romantic Victorian four poster bed, lulled by the crackle of vineyard wood in your fireplace.
Abundant hiking trails, bird life, restaurants (within easy reach) and riverboat trips make for an unforgettably romantic experience.
We offer you:
- This well-equipped, beautifully decorated, self-catering cottage is situated on the banks of the Breede River with private garden, jetty and boat.
- The cottage has a big lounge with fireplace + TV, fully fitted kitchen, lovely bedroom with charming four-poster bed and a beautifully appointed bathroom with bath and shower.
- Sleeps 2 persons and also ideal for honeymoon.
- Completely private
- Only 180 km or 2 hours drive from Cape Town.
- Excellent birdwatching.
- Fishing and swimming in the river
- Small dogs welcome on prior arrangement only.
We offer you:
- Boat, TV, linen and towels, included in tariff.
- Situated on the Robertson Wine Route being part of Route 62 next to Weltevrede Wine Estate.
- Large patio with built in braai.
- Fishing and swimming in the river.
- Nature lover's paradise with excellent birdwatching. We are known for our Giant, Brown Hooded, Half-collared, Pied and Malachite Kingfishers. More than 200 bird species have been identified in our area.